DUI checkpoints are authorized by the law to be conducted once or twice a month. Since there are problems with the budget in Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas, patrol officers are making more DUI arrests. With these frequent DUI checkpoints, even the drivers with low BAC reading can also get arrested.
Having an experienced Las Vegas DUI Attorney who can examine drunk-driving evidence would help. There are loopholes in a DUI case that could be attacked and this one of the things on how to beat DUI charges to avoid conviction.
Below are the ways how to beat a DUI charge:
- The lack of probable cause for the vehicle stop;
- More than one officer is necessary;
- Refusing to submit to preliminary breath test;
- Refusing to submit to field sobriety tests;
- Having a high “False Positive” rate on your field sobriety tests result;
- An appearance of intoxication could be from non-alcoholic reasons, this includes having high blood sugar levels or taking over the counter medications;
- The Police officer’s lack of probable cause when they arrested you for DUI;
- Contaminates in the breath skews the Intoxilyzer breath machine results;
- Chronic hearthburn or GERD could also alter the breath machine results; and
- Using the margin of error in the blood and breath machine’s results.
Get help from an experienced DUI lawyer in Las Vegas and protect your rights.